<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13873539\x26blogName\x3dVirgie+Sews+and+More!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://virgiesews.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://virgiesews.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d329662574400089678', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, August 26, 2005

Jennifer's Scarf!

This is my second knitting project. I started it last night. It is a drop stitch scarf that I am knitting for my friend Jennifer. I can't remember the name of the yarn, but I will look it up and post it when I finish the project. A lot of people said that I should not use any novelty yarn so soon, but I haven't had any problems with it yet and I am almost halfway done (I have done more since these pictures). I think I find the yarn easy to work with b/c it is an easy pattern. I am probably going to eat my words when I do another project with novelty yarn!!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is a close up so you can see the drop stitch. I haven't stretched them out too much yet, so it may look a little uneven.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here is a picture of the whole thing so far. It is incredibly soft!!! Jennifer is a freak for green and her favorite shade of green is lime. The yarn actually has a lot more yellow in it then this picture gives it credit for. I think it may be the lighting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rocko Button said...

Well done - love it...from a San Mateo Vet

1:03 PM  
Blogger Earl said...

Your blog is great. Keep up the great work.

If you are interested in your drinking water quality, check out my site on water filter systems. You'll find lots of information on water filter systems and related issues.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

the scarf is beautiful! are you using caron bliss? that stuff is soooo soft... saw it hobby lobby last week, gotta get some:)

6:50 PM  
Blogger Scarlet said...

Very pretty! I think drop stitch can be difficult with some of those fuzzier yarns simply because the novelty part of them tends to make the stitches hard to see.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home